The term “personal injury” applies to a wide variety of claims that arise when a person is harmed or injured by the actions of another. There is no one type of personal injury case. Personal injury cases can include claims based on injuries caused by:
- Motor vehicle collisions –including collisions involving cars, trucks or motorcycles;
- Dangerous conditions of property—such a car crash caused by an unsafe turn in a road or a fall caused by an improperly constructed staircase;
- Use of a defective product—such as a battery that explodes or an airbag that doesn’t open.
Nearly all personal injury cases require the party bringing the claim to prove that the injury was caused by someone else’s negligence. A person or entity is negligent when they fail to meet their legal duty of care and as a result of that failure, someone is injured.
Depending upon the facts of the incident, a personal injury case may be brought by individuals, by a guardian on behalf of a child, by a decedent’s estate, or by larger groups in class action lawsuits. If the negligent conduct of another party can be proved, the injured person may be entitled to monetary compensation from that party.
Our attorneys have successfully represented hundreds of people in a broad range of personal injury cases including:
- Persons injured or killed in motor vehicle collisions;
- Persons sexually assaulted or abused;
- Persons injured by dangerous conditions of property.
The Firpo Law Firm represents personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis and receives payment only if the case resolves favorably and the injured party recovers an award. This enables people who would otherwise be unable to afford a lawyer to have legal representation.
With over fifty years of combined experience in the practice of law, the lawyers of the Firpo Law Firm have successfully represented hundreds of people who have suffered serious injuries and losses due to negligence or recklessness of others. The Firpo Law Firm handles the full range of serious personal injury cases, including those involving defective products, premises liability, vehicle accidents, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death and litigation against companies and government entities.
Please see our results page for a representative sample of our past cases.